Things you need to know before buying motorcycle gear are covered here in this article to act as a beginner’s guide offering wonderful insights.
Today can be the perfect time to get involved with motorcycling, especially with the non-stop release of all kinds of new bikes and motorcycle gear, significantly increasing your number of options but somehow adding to the enormousness of the impact of your buying decisions.
Table of Contents
This article covers the following:
- Key benefits of motorcycle gear to consider when buying.
- Choosing appropriate motorcycle gear to buy for your riding style.
- Things you need to know before buying your motorcycle helmet.
- Things you need to know before buying your motorcycle jacket.
- Things you need to know before buying your motorcycle gloves.
- Things you need to know before buying your motorcycle trousers/pants.
- Things you need to know before buying your motorcycle boots.
- Things you need to know before buying your motorcycle protection armor.
With unlimited motorcycle gear options, you might find yourself stumped upon choosing across jackets made from different textiles, reading up on reputable brands, or deciding whether to buy your gear online or inspecting them yourself first before purchasing.
If you or someone you know is just getting into motorcycling, it’s no surprise that there’s so much to learn. Maybe you’re not a new rider, but you have had a recent “unplanned offroading experience.” Now you might be thinking that some (or some better) gear may have improved that outcome. Choosing the right motorcycle gear can seem like an enormous obstacle. Still, we’re here to break it down for you and give you some general details so you can make the best, well-informed choices.
So, we are now ready to find out:-
* what sort of motorcycle gear is right for you
* the right pieces of motorcycle safety equipment that will prevent or minimize injuries
* what to know when looking for motorcycle gear that’s best suitable for you.
|Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset, Bluetooth|
* Bluetooth 5.0 and Effective Distance 20m
* Connected to two mobiles at the same time.
* Provides efficient and convenient communications.
* Built-in 900mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery.
* 500 hours standby time. Charging time 2 hours.
* Dustproof and IPX7 Waterproof by using Nano coating.
* DSP noise-canceling technology and Loud volume.
* Compatible with all the smartphones with Bluetooth function.
View further details here on Amazon:
Key Benefits of Motorcycle Gear to Consider When Buying
Wearing motorcycle gear has two primary purposes- to provide comfort and to ensure protection.
Choosing the right motorcycle gear will help give you a satisfyingly steady ride even when experiencing various conditions.
In case of a road accident, protective gear can help reduce or even completely prevent injuries. Even longtime riders are still at risk of motorcycle-related accidents and fatalities. However, as they’ve been on the road for much of their lives now, most of them are already in the habit of wearing proper motorcycle gear to prevent these severe injuries.
Furthermore, you can’t always predict the weather, and riding a motorcycle instead of a closed vehicle will always keep you exposed to harsh weather conditions. The right motorcycle gear provides you with protection against unfortunate mishaps generally caused by the weather.
All in all, you’ll have a significantly greater chance of staying alive and enjoying your rides just by wearing the proper motorcycle gear.
Choosing Appropriate Motorcycle Gear to Buy for Your Riding Style
As you know by now, the most important thing about choosing motorcycle gear is the protection coverage and how the mechanisms can save your life in case of an accident. No matter what kind of motorbike you’re riding, your life comes first, and it is imperative to cover yourself with protective equipment as much as possible.
When evaluating motorcycle gear, you should consider these crucial factors- protection, functionality, and value. Then there’s your style and preference. If you’re focusing on a high level of safety and functionality, you may need to sacrifice a bit of style and convenience at times.
Furthermore, knowing what kind of rides you’ll be doing will help you in the process of choosing your motorcycle gear. Would you need equipment that’s quick and easy to wear on and off? Will you often ride under the scorching heat or constant rains? Looking into these issues will help determine which gear you should have.
Motorcycle gear may be expensive, and we want to save money as much as possible, but riding a motorcycle always exposes you to unwanted extreme danger. Remember, even if you’re an amateur motorcycle rider or have been riding for quite some time, investing in high-quality motorcycle gear can last for a long time. So, below is an overview of what kind of motorcycle gears you should get to ensure you’re safe and ready to ride.
|COFIT Motorcycle Gloves for Men and Women|
* Hook and loop closure.
* Fingertips touch-screen design.
* Contains conductive metal fibers on the index finger.
* Full protection with knuckle protection and palm pad.
* Perfect grip and control.
* The wear-resistant silicone gel in the palm part.
* Made of breathable material, with air vents for better airflow.
View further details here on Amazon:
Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your Motorcycle Helmet
The helmet is one of the essential gears when it comes to riding a motorcycle. In the event of an unwanted accident, your helmet will protect your head by absorbing the impact. The helmet’s design is unique as it blocks the engine noise, providing you with the necessary focus on the road.
Full-face helmets, in particular, are the best as they provide complete protection for the entire head. Moreover, the helmet protects your eyes against the wind, dust, and insects. What’s a better piece of equipment than that if it gives complete protection for your head and face?
It is quite essential to know that the helmet should fit you perfectly. All helmets come in sizes and shapes depending on the manufacturers and models. To determine your shape and size, try at least a couple of helmets. If you want to know the right size for you, put it on and try to move it around your head with your hands while holding your actual head still. If the helmet doesn’t stay in place, it’s the right size for you.
All motorcycle helmets have Styrofoam layers in the inner armor component, designed to slow down the speed of deceleration your head will experience in a collision. The helmet’s outside shell is unique, as its sturdy plastic and elastic material prevent penetration of sharp objects. It deflects some of the collision energy and helps absorb the energy by stretching it.
Helmets tend to have a five-year lifetime from their manufacturing date. After five years, the glue holding the Styrofoam layers and the shell will start to degrade. These are crucial components of your helmet, and if these begin to break down, it’s no use relying on your helmet to reduce risks of injury or keep you safe, generally speaking. Therefore, it is wise to throw the used helmet after an accident or once it reaches its five-year span.
Lastly, the helmet must have a “DOT” approved rating.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your Motorcycle Jacket
Motorcycle jackets are pretty popular among riders these days. It is common to be wearing one and encouraged that a jacket is as important as your motorcycle itself as it covers your upper body from harm. Not only that, it makes you look good while riding a bike!
Your motorcycle jacket is vital for you as it covers the entire upper part of your body. It is crucial to choose a jacket that is the right size and make sure your lower back is covered by the jacket entirely. Please select the right jacket for you according to its safety frame, comfort, and seams.
- Consider the weather – Always consider what kind of weather you’ll be in when you’re riding a motorcycle. Get a jacket according to the weather. If you’re in a seasonal climate country, it is wise to have at least two jackets. A summer jacket that allows cooling air via gaps and a winter jacket will enable it to seal cold air. Most of the jackets have pockets inside where you can put extra protection armor that will guard vulnerable parts of your upper body against severe injuries.
- The types of the jacket – All motorcycle jackets fall into two categories: a leather jacket and a textile jacket. Both have double seams to protect the jackets from abrasion, ensuring you’re protected from any injury.
- Stitching quality – When choosing your leather jacket, always remember it is essential to look at the seams’ quality, stitching, and thickness. Naturally, leather jackets last longer and fit more naturally to the upper body.
- Leather jackets – Although leather jackets are more capable of providing better protection when it comes to high-speed accidents, textile jackets are cheaper than them.
- Textile jackets – Textile jackets are made of high-quality materials, equipped with Gore-Tex or other water-resistant materials capable of keeping you dry in rainy weather. Either way, both jackets are safe for use in wet climates.
|Textile Motorcycle Jacket For Men |
* All-season motorcycle jacket.
* 600d Cordura construction.
* All-season motorbike jacket at its best.
* CE-approved armors (removable).
* 100% waterproof motorcycle jacket.
* Maximum quality at a minimum price.
* Breathable & has mesh lining underneath.
* Jacket with removable winter thermal lining.
View further details here on Amazon:
Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your Motorcycle Gloves
A pair of gloves is considered a necessary safety gear among riders because hands are the most fragile among body parts. Therefore, it is vital to protect your hands both from accidents and abrasion while riding.
A good pair of gloves should have a retention strap that wraps your wrist tightly, including armor for the top of your knuckles, fingers, and base of your palm. It should completely cover your palm, fingers, wrists, and the back of your hand. The material is made of abrasion-resistant, durable fabric with rigid stitches.
Most of the gloves are made of waterproof and insulation materials these days, ensuring your hands are dry and comfortable.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your Motorcycle Trousers/Pants
It is essential to protect your legs, as you use most of it to guide the bike and change gear while riding a motorcycle. Therefore, getting the right trousers is essential as it protects your joints and bones against accident injuries. Its material is very similar to the jackets as it gives you a choice to get either a traditional leather or modern textile.
Like the leather jacket, the leather trousers offer better protection, while the Gore-Tex textile trousers are known to provide better comfort and flexibility. Either way, both of these materials are safe to use for protective gear.
To ensure that the trousers are the right ones for riding the motorcycle, make sure it has CE-rated armor’s approval for the hips, shins, and knees.
|Motorcycle Pants For Men Dualsport |
* Extremely optimal motorcycle riding pants.
* Lifetime warranty!
* Protective CE armored (removable) knees & hips.
* Padded armor included with 1000d polyester Cordura.
* Stitched on impact areas motorbike pants.
* Waterproof & windproof.
* Reissa membrane & micro-mesh lining.
* 5h Scotchlite reflective motorcycle pants piping.
* Silver-white body thread and hi-vis logos.
View further details here on Amazon:
Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your Motorcycle Boots
There are many excellent motorcycle boots for you to choose but finding the right one can be tricky. Choose the right boots that give tight, good support around your ankles and protect your foot with a strong grip sole in case of an accident.
The boots are made of a durable, flexible material so you can control the brake pedal and ride it smoothly. Your boots must line up with your trousers to ensure comfort and more, better protection for you.
Furthermore, the boots must have internal supports to reduce the force of impact. It is recommended to get any motorcycle boots that must be above the ankle.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your Motorcycle Protection Armor
Most protective motorcycle gear, such as jackets and trousers, have inner pockets that allow you to put additional protection armor to protect your other vulnerable parts of your body such as the back, elbows, hips, knees, and shoulders from injuries. It’s never too much to cover your body as much as possible to minimize damage and survive an accident.
The armor has unlimited choices that vary from carbon fiber shells to high-density foam padding and foam polymer. It’s always up to you to choose what kind of materials that is more comfortable for you. Not only that, all armor should be CE-rated to ensure that you get the proper materials to protect yourself.
Another purpose of motorcycle protection armor is to absorb as much energy from the impact as possible. Therefore, it is essential to get protection armor and cover as much as possible. Back and chest protectors may be a little uncomfortable to wear, but it will protect your heart, lungs, rib cage, backbones, and muscles.
The back protectors found in the jacket may seem convenient to you as part of the jacket, but it doesn’t provide an adequate coverage area. It would be much more helpful to procure a separate back protector that provides a better, more significant coverage place. You can also go for a different elbow armor that extends down to your forearm, giving you more superior protection around your joints. Don’t forget to try different kinds of protective armor to ensure that they are accurate and secure around your joints.
Best Selling Motorcycle Gear on Amazon:
Motorcycle Gear Article Conclusion:
Things you need to know before buying motorcycle gear, especially safety and protection equipment, will remain paramount in motorcycling. Whether you’ve just been riding for a couple of weeks or have had countless adventures for the past decade, motorcycle gear is one investment you won’t regret.
All sorts of motorcycle gear are available to guarantee your safety in an accident and be comfortable in any weather. It is undoubtedly essential to know that choosing and wearing the right motorcycle gear can make a difference, whether you’re just out for a quick ride or seeking your next speedy adventure.